Thursday, September 02, 2010

Sometimes the Cruelest Jokes Are the Accidental Ones

So, if you know me, you know I like to win prizes. I really like to win prizes that are delivered to me by UPS. So thrilling.

You can imagine my excitement then yesterday while I was exhaustedly slumped over my keyboard trying to come up with an interesting or witty post, but instead coming up with this, when I distinctly heard the UPS truck. My head snapped up and my ears perked up, much like Jersey's do when she hears B's car.  

I ran over to the window and, sure enough, there was the UPS truck parked the wrong way in the street in front of the house next to ours.  I thought to myself "I will give you a pass for parking the wrong way, if you bring me a prize Mr. UPS Guy."  Okay, so I might have said that out loud.

The UPS driver got out of the truck with a big box that looked like it contained, well, a big box of prizes and headed my way. I jumped up and down and began screaming like a girl.  I ran down the stairs to get my prize as Jersey was running upstairs to save me from some insane intruder that would dare to make her master scream.  So I shouted, "Outta my way, baby girl.  OUTTA MY WAY THERE IS A PRIZE" and ran toward the front door. Jersey immediately changed direction to follow me toward what could only be the insane attacker.

As I smiled at the UPS driver upon opening the door, Jersey let out the meanest bark and tried to get out the front door.  So there I am jammed between the big front door and the screen door, trying to grab my box and trying to prevent my dog from escaping all the while ensuring the poor UPS guy that my ferociously barking dog just wants to lick him.  Luckily, he was an animal lover and in no time, the two of us managed to get my box and get the dog safely back inside.  

I turned around murmuring to Jersey about how she was such a good protector and her bark was so fierce when I read the label on the box that clearly said:

TO B

You have got to be kidding me! The box wasn't even for me.  I might have yelled that out loud too.  I may have also dropped the box right where I was standing and stalked upstairs to pout.  Jersey tried to cheer me up, so I hugged her and told her she was the best prize a girl could have.



Yeah, I lied.





*Jersey really is the greatest gift and I enjoy each day with her and love coming home to her.


**I still want a prize delivery though.

8 important things being said:

sprinkles said...

I almost never get anything from the UPS man. But I have a P.O. Box and every once in a great while, I get a notice that I have a package waiting for me. I always get so excited when that happens! For awhile there, it seemed like every time I turned around I would get one so I'd march into the post office to pick up my goodie. And wouldn't you know it - EVERY SINGLE FRIGGIN' TIME, it belonged to someone else. Someone who didn't share my P.O. Box. So yeah, I totally empathize.

Debi said...

ROFL, I hope you didn't kill B for not telling you that he had a package coming!
This ranks right up there with blog post about chasing the UPS guy down the street LOL
Don't fret, you big prize is coming soon !!
(and yes Jersey is a prize!)

Jamie said...

I don't get that excited because I always know when I am getting a package. Well, what was in it? Anything good? Or did B not share it with you?

*~Dani~* said...

sprinkles - I almost never get anything from UPS these days either. I cannot believe you get other people's stuff in your PO Box. There is really no excuse for that. What the?

Debi - UPS is probably scared of me between the chasing, the barking, and the accusing. No wonder I dont get any deliveries!

Jamie - Is it bad that I get excited even when I am expecting something hoping that it is actually not what I am expecting, but a surprise? Probably. Also, it was boots. BOOTS. I dont want boots. Well, not those anyway.

Jennifer said...

He shouldn't be allowed to get packages!! I get so excited when I see the UPS / FedEx man. You just never know what he will bring!

*~Dani~* said...

Jennifer - I know!! I wish he would bring me something soon. I am starting to forget what it feels like.

Peter said...

I have been slowly working my way down the commenters on a The Blogges post, reading the new (to me) blogs. This was a fun post. We have a German Shepherd named Cochise' Apache Princess, she's from pedigeed stock, her Sire was Cochise Apache Warrior as if that matters. Anyhow she always wants to eat the UPS and FedEx guys.

Anyhow, funny post. I got some Black Cherry cowboy boots from UPS, I was really excited. They're still my favorite boots although my wife wasn't real excited by them. She does like the way they look on me, though.

Anyhow, fun post, I'm glad I dropped by.

*~Dani~* said...

Peter - glad you stopped by! I do the same thing with The Bloggess commenters. You can find some good blogs that way. I have trained Jersey (as much as she can be trained) to LOVE the UPS and Fed Ex guy. I need more special deliveries. However, if I get any Black Cherry boots, I am sending them your way!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin