Monday, August 25, 2008

Mrs. Fix-It

We got a new dishwasher and were all excited.  Everything was going great until the other day. When the dishes were done I noticed the tab was in a glob at the bottom of the dishwasher and the dishes were not clean. I tell B.  He says "figure it out."  Thanks.  I put in a new tab, ran it again - same thing.  Then I was truly puzzled.  I decided that perhaps I did not make the water hot enough by running the tap before I washed (that is what the book said to do anyway when I first read it). So I do that - but, again, same thing.  Now I am puzzled and angry and decide to wait until the next day to do something.

So the next day at work I googled the dishwasher and perused all of the problems and fixes. I believed I had found the problem and the solution. So , I went home, did what the instructions said, and washed again.  Same thing - the tab was a glob at the bottom.  B was no help.  He had decided that I needed to fix something for once or blah, blah, blah. I wasn't really listening after I heard the part about not helping me.  I asked him where the @@##@%#$ book to the dishwasher was and went chasing after it.

The book is not that large.  As I skimmed through it, thinking at that point, it was NOT going to help me solve this unsolvable puzzle, there it was ~ the answer.  If the dishwashing tab does not completely dissolve, make sure there is not a dish or a pan blocking the door.  I opened the dishwasher and immediately saw the offending baking pan. I partly closed the door - yes! - it WAS blocking the door.   I squealed in victory!  And then cried in defeat. I am an idiot!!  I had spent two days and 4 tabs on a problem that was quite literally staring me in the eye.  So what did I do?

Declare to B - "Problem solved."  When asked how I solved it, I said I just read the book.  Shhh - he'll never know. After all, I did fix it myself, right?

3 important things being said:

Bryan said...

I am glad you got it fix. If I were you I would have put the dirty dishes away and laughed as Brian ate or drank from them. That would show him.

*~Dani~* said...

Oh my god, that would have been hilarious. Next time I will consult you.

Bloggers Bro J to tha O to tha N said...

Whenever my dishwasher stops working i just yell and raise my hand in a menacing manner..usually works, she gets right back to washing them.
(Sorry Mom. I know you read these. Thanks for doing a lot of my dishes. It was just a joke. Ill try harder to do them all from now on.)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin