Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Back Bedroom Reveal...Well, Kinda, Since it is Not Really Done But Better Than Before?

Remember when I told you ages ago that I was going to reveal our back bedroom and what we had done with it and what we planned to do with it? Stretch your memory, folks. It was a while ago. So far, in fact, that I cannot even take the time this morning to go find the link.

But today, all will be revealed. Well, all that has been done at least. If B were here this morning instead of at work, he would be shouting "FINALLY!", so just pretend you hear that being shouted in the background as you read this.

The back bedroom, if you will recall, was bright blue with white stars painted on it and red shelves. Very patriotic. Perfect for Memorial Day and Fourth of July. However, since we plan to use the room more than twice a year, we decided an overhaul was in order.

So after careful thought, but unfortunately, no poll, we picked a color and B started painting:


Actually, it started looking even more patriotic after he started painting.





There is B...painting. Isn't he always painting when he ends up in photos?


Yes, sometimes I would have to iron in the midst of the painting. Luckily no clothing ended up with paint on it. This time.

When it was all finished, a beautiful room emerged:



That's a little dark.



I just love this color.


It looks kind of orange here, but it is not the same color of our dining room. This is a much darker red kind of color.


Like this.

So what are our plans for this room?

A walk-in closet!!

I am so excited! We have seen a few of these in different houses we have been in and although each bedroom has a closet, it is really not enough to hold our clothes. Well, mostly my clothes. Exhibit A:


All of my clothes aren't even in there! Some are in the boxes you see in the room. Some are in my dresser where I forget about them. I always wanted a big closet. That I can fill with beautiful things.

When is this going to happen?

It is last on the list. Just kidding. Remember when everything was the last thing on the list? Well, this won't be, but it might be a while.

I will keep you posted.


5 important things being said:

Brandy said...

Nice color!

Katelin said...

oh i love the color, nice pick!

j'lynn said...

I love this color!! You must dish on the color so I may copy it from you! LOL

*~Dani~* said...

Brandy - Thanks, girl!

Katelin - Thanks! We did good.

jlynn - B claims he does not know the color name. I will find out and share it with you. I am in love with it and want everyone to have it!

Jennifer said...

I love the color. I cannot wait to see the finished product! Move it to the top of your list.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin