Monday, July 12, 2010

I Cannot Operate This Phone. It Is Too Modern.

The other day, B wanted to go to a certain Mexican restaurant which is our favorite nearby. I thought I had a coupon for it which is an even bigger score! And I did.  The only problem was the "other day" was actually the fourth of July. We are so anti-American.  So B put me in charge of calling the place to see if they were open.  I soon found, however, that the last four digits of their number was TACO. Brilliant.  Not so brilliant was the fact that they did not give the number/letter translation in their ad like most places do.

After studying my Blackberry for WAY too long, I realized I could never figure out how to call this place. When B got out of the shower, I discussed this with him:

Me: I found a coupon for the Mexican place.
B: Good. Are they open?
Me: I don't know. I cannot call. My phone is too modern.
B: What are you talking about?
Me: My numbers don't have letters and their letters don't have numbers!
B: Um. WHAT?
Me: I don't know what TACO is in numbers.
B: I don't know what the hell you are talking about. Are we eating or what?

Turns out, peeps, you can Google ANYTHING. And thanks to Wikipedia, I was able to translate TACO into numbers to call the restaurant. Don't ask me what the translation was as I have already forgotten. I have more important things on my mind like singing "Double rainbow, double rainbow, What does it MEAN?"  Have you seen that video yet? If not, watch below:




That guy is WAY too excited about that rainbow.  Of course he isn't on drugs, just very emotional and in tune with the earth.  Now check out this auto tune song:



I dare you not to sing that all day.

Suckas!

5 important things being said:

rachaelgking said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! I seriously never would have thought of that... but yeah, me and my fancy 'berry would be screwed if that happened! Hahaha!

Debbie said...

I would never have thought of that either, but my phone is NOT modern so I can dial the old-fashioned way. I'm always behind the times, but can call for a taco if need be!

*~Dani~* said...

LiLu - I wish the rest of the world would catch up with us technological gods. Ha! Seriously, with so many smartphones out there, we can't be the only ones with this problem.

Debbie - Next time, I am emailing you when I need to figure out a phone number. Or I will just sit down and draw a rotary dial and figure it out. Whichever is quicker.

Jennifer said...

OMG, this is a serious BB problem. I was discussing it with a co-worker recently. No one has the letters on the numbers on the phone memorize. You are lucky you were able to figure it out. I would still be trying.

*~Dani~* said...

Jennifer - I think if I gave it a LOT of thought, I could figure it out. In fact, I tried, but then it hurt my head and I just Googled it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin