Monday, July 05, 2010

It is Like that Movie Mean Girls Except No One Knows What the Hell I Am Talking About!

The other day I was at a fundraiser with people from work. I looked over and gasped* when I saw a guy that looked like the principal** in Mean Girls. Here, I have a clip below - fast forward to 3:17, unless you really love Mean Girls and want to watch all of the scenes like I do. Word of warning, there is loud music involved with this video for some unknown reason so mute on your speakers would be a good idea.

Principal:





Anyway, back to the fundraiser. Enter the principal guy, but quite a bit taller. Enter my huge gasp. Then enter a big fat FAIL when no one there had ever seen Mean Girls!

Are you kidding me?

One of the greatest movies, in my opinion, and definitely one of the greatest movies Lindsay Lohan has ever been in (and probably ever will be).

I just wanted to scream "BOO! Whore."*** But what was the point? They never saw the movie.

That made me sad. I even found the youngest person there and he hadn't seen it. Yes, he was a guy. But B has seen Mean Girls.

Hasn't everyone? Please tell me that my office is some kind of anomaly and that everyone else on Earth has seen this movie at least once (or 500 times like myself)?

I refuse to believe otherwise.




*I gasp a lot. Seriously. B loves it. He really loves it when he makes me gasp. And I mean that in a totally non-sexual way. Pervs!

**Then they kept asking me what his name is - I don't know! (It is Tim Meadows). Then they would ask what other movies he was in - a lot! I don't know their names! (turns out not that many, but a lot of TV show appearances).

**What's your favorite line from Mean Girls? I want a bunch of Mean Girls comment quotes!!

8 important things being said:

Debi said...

Your 2 Mom's are are going "No No, we don't want to hear that!"

(I gasp a lot. Seriously. B loves it. He really loves it when he makes me gasp.)

And sad to say (according to you) that I have never seen the movie - GASP (there I gasped for you LOL) -but I will make sure I do !

Patricia said...

I have seen MG about half a dozen times (my little sister & cousins LOVED that moving growing up). Can't quote anything from it though :)

Unknown said...

OK. I've seen MG at least 10 times. How do people not know about that movie? Tina Fey is a GENIUS!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog via Text Message in a Bottle, and I felt obliged to leave you this comment:

YOU GO GLEN COCO!

Becky

*~Dani~* said...

Debi - I didn't realize my two Moms are PERVS. Thanks for clearing that up. ;)

Patricia - I love the movie!! At least you have seen it and might even recognize a quote, or at least the principal.

Caitlin - Those people live under a rock or something. Tina Fey IS a genius!

Anonymous/Becky - I now love you. Wanna make out? We'll be too gay to function.

Tori @Call Girl Stories said...

I know this was from like 2 weeks ago but I just found your blog and I had to add my quote from Mean Girls!

-"..Regina may seem like your typical selfish, back-stabbing slut faced ho-bag, but she's so much more than that."
-"She's fabulous but she's evil."

Love it!

*~Dani~* said...

Tori - Love it! I dont care if a post is two months old. You come in quoting Mean Girls and I will love you automatically. Actually, just yesterday I was on a kind of professional blog (not really pop trivia like) when this one girl says to the other "Do you even go here?" Mean Girls - invading our world, one quote at a time.

Jennifer said...

Mean Girls is one of the best movies ever.
Okay, I'm going to forgive you because I'm a very Zen person... and I'm on a lot of pain medication right now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin