Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The One Where My Mom and I Decide to Go Into Business Together...

My Mom and I have some great ideas. None of the come to fruition however, because they are too far fetched and half the time we do not even know what we are talking about.  Take for instance this IM exchange:

Me: B's brakes are out again.
Mom: Damn! Bro's turn signal is out again and that is dangerous.
Me: It is less dangerous than his brake lights being out.
Mom: I better have him check those too. Thanks.
Me: You are welcome. I am SO handy when it comes to cars.
Mom:  You are! You should get a side job doing it...
Me: Yeah, right.
Mom: and I will help. Two Women and a Wrench.
Me: Oh I like that name!  Do we even know what a wrench is?
Mom: Well, I do. And I think if you saw it you would too.  Yep we will get lots of work.
Me: I am pretty sure I know what one is.
Mom: You use it to loosen or tighten a pipe.
Me:  Too bad there aren't any pipes in a car (except maybe the exhaust)
Mom: We will just FIND some, then tell them that is their problem and bat our eyelashes at them.
Me: Good thing we have long eyelashes then.

Later that day, coincidentally, I got a newsletter from a blog called Cars for Girls. And the post shows the inside of the engine. So I send it to my mom:

Me: Doesn't look like there are any PIPES in there. ROFL
Mom: Well then "Two Ladies and a Screwdriver". Damn this starting a business is hard when you don't know anything.
Me: Except you always hear mechanics talk about wrenches. What do they use them for? Whom can we ask?
Mom: I know they use them. I will ask your bro and pretend it is for a contest or something.
Me: Like HE's gonna know.  Ha!*
Mom: I bet he does. Guys seem to pick up on that stuff.
Me: Have you met our guys? When is the last time bro worked on a car? I think I know more than him. Seriously.
Mom: I am trying to give them some macho cred.
Me: Okay, but you don't have to front with me.

I think it is safe to say my Mom and I won't be going into the car repair business anytime soon.  It is also safe to say we are huge dorks, especially when we try to be "hip" and use "street talk." Oh, and you would think since I subscribe to a blog called Cars for Girls, I could have easily found the answers to our questions, but I didn't even try. Because that's how I roll.

*My bro definitely knows more about cars than I do. I think.  And he is macho. He really is. All of the guys in our lives are macho.**

**And this has been a legal disclaimer brought to you, from me, to keep my ass from getting into trouble with the macho men in our lives.

8 important things being said:

Bloggers Bro J to tha O to tha N said...

I may not be that handy with a wrench, but I'm really handy with the pipe...which leads to my girl not even caring if I even own a wrench!

*~Dani~* said...

Bro - well, um, okay. Since you are my brother, I will pretend you are talking about fixing cars. Yep, I am good at pretending. Carry on.

fingers said...

Don't think you and your Mom will be knocking Neil Simon off broadway anytime soon either...:)

Andy - Instafather said...

I think it's an excellent idea for a business. I wouldn't mind getting the financial shaft at the mechanic if it's from a mom and daughter batting eyelashes at me

Bo Bo said...

So you are surrounded by mucho men, mucho, macho men.... do you stay at the Y..M..C..A

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - I can sing Happy Birthday with the best of them.

Andy - we are pros at batting eyelashes. Need a box lifted? Bat some eyelashes. Can't reach an item? Bat some eyelashes. Give someone the financial shaft at the mechanics? Bat some eyelashes.

BoBo - how did you know that was one of my favorite songs?

Jennifer said...

I need an oil change, who should I call? You or your mom?

*~Dani~* said...

Jenny - not sure. one of us has a wrench and one a screwdriver. Which do you need for an oil change?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin