Friday, March 13, 2009

Just Another Day in the Office

Scene: Me, J and D in the office kitchen. J sets down a small tupperware bowl on the counter near me. It contains oatmeal, a hard boiled egg and raisins:

Me: Is that your breakfast?
J: Part of it. I had a smoothie earlier.
D: Is that oatmeal, a hard boiled egg and raisins?
Me: No! That is a nest and a bird is going to pop out of there anytime.
D: When is this supposed to happen?
J: Early spring
Me: Listen, we are going to be filming it and broadcasting it on Office TV so we can all watch and eagerly anticipate this happening. Like nature TV.
D: We aren’t relying on the groundhog for this are we?
Me: No! We can NEVER rely on the groundhog, that bastard!

C having walked right into this conversation: I learn more in this kitchen then I do anywhere else {and then leaves}

J: I hope this is a hard boiled egg, I just grabbed one out of the fridge. Isn’t there a spinning test for that?
Me: I don’t know about a spinning test but there should be some kind of test. Maybe putting it in a glass of water?
J: And if it floats it is hard boiled…or is it if it sinks?
Me: Actually I think the water test is to tell if uncooked eggs are still good so I am not sure that will help you out.
J: Here goes {squeezing egg which causes pieces of shell to fly everywhere}
Me: {making total girly gasping squealing sound}
P having walked into the end of this conversation shouts: Wait! Spin it!

Too late.

There was a spinning test after all. Who knew? If your egg spins, it is hard boiled. If it wobbles, it is not.

If it is sitting in a bed of oatmeal, it will look like a nest.

5 important things being said:

Anonymous said...

I finally get all these office conversations!! Yay!! I love being part of the real world!! :)

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is Annette... not so anonymous.. oh well :)

*~Dani~* said...

Annette - I knew who you were even before you identified yourself. Can't wait to hear your stories about the office! Congrats again.

Jennifer said...

I have heard that about eggs, but never tested it. I am always too scared that the test will be wrong and I will crack a raw egg thinking it is hard boiled.

*~Dani~* said...

Jenny - that would be my luck too. I think I would rather mark my eggs that I hardboil so I dont have to perform any tests.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin