Tuesday, March 24, 2009

They Say It's Your "B" Day

Saturday was B's birthday and I decided it was a good time for a scavenger hunt, especially since we have more than one floor now. As B stated later that night, if I had attempted to do this while we lived at the condo, he would have discovered all of his presents as soon as he walked in.

So, once he told me he was going to be out of the house that morning and once I realized I had two birthday cards and two gifts for him and that my parents had given me two cards, a present and scratch off lotto tickets for him as well, the idea was born. As it turns out, I was able to theme a lot of the presents. I don't know who had more fun, B actually doing the hunt, or me following him around saying "And WHERE do you have to go next?" as if I didn't know.

The first note was taped to our back door and gave the rules of the hunt - basically follow the notes and don't do anything else.



The first note also directed B to the second note which was taped over our mail box. Inside the mailbox were two cards, one from me and one from my parents. Both had scratch off tickets inside.


Next stop was under the fish tank in the living room (yes we currently have not one, but two fish tanks). There B found another card from my parents and one of his favorite gifts - a gift certificate to the fish store!


Next stop - all the way down to the basement to the tool bench of course! There along with this orange note was a gift card to Home Depot. You know B loved that present. Especially when he requested shovels for his birthday - SHOVELS????


Next, B found himself back up two stories in his office where he received two more books to add to his collection.


Finally, the hunt ended down on B's laptop with a note and a scratch off ticket. But the love did not stop there. Under the table I gave B a note on red paper listing the 35 reasons I love him. That, you don't get to see.


B enjoyed the hunt and thought I was quite clever. Now I will have to come up with something fun and crazy for next year. Heck, this is the most creative I have been since I decided to surprise my brother with a scrapbook for his 30th birthday. We all know how that turned out....oh, you don't? He will be turning 34 in May. I have five pages done. I am shooting for his 40th.

After the fun scavenger hunt, we met up with some of B's friends who were celebrating someone else's birthday. Fun was had by all, but especially by this guy who decided to wear ALL of the party hats on his head/face at once. 14 to be exact.


He looks like a rhinoceros.



Happy B Day B!!

6 important things being said:

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! I bet you made B's day with the hunt!

*~Dani~* said...

I think he enjoyed himself. I know I had fun!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever and fun! What a great birthday surprise, and I thought the note with the reasons you love him was a very romantic idea. You will have to work very hard next year to top this. "B" is very lucky and I think the picture of him with 14 birthday hats was the most unobstructed view you have afforded your loyal followers.

*~Dani~* said...

Jamie - thanks for the compliment. You are one of my most loyal followers, other than family of course. The guy in the party hat is not B but some random stranger. However, since you are such a loyal follower, I will let you in on a little secret...go to the picture with the bookshelf present and click on it to make it larger. I noticed when I posted it that there is a pic of B and I behind the bag, but only B is showing. Shhhh...don't tell B I posted his picture.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Thanks for the tip. It will be our secret! What a cutie! :-)

*~Dani~* said...

Thanks Jamie! I think he is pretty cute. Of course, he doesn't like to get his picture taken much so we have to take what we can get.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin