Saturday, March 07, 2009

Renovate This! The Bath

I am sure you all remember our pretty orangey/pink bathroom with orangey/pink walls right? Well we recently had a painter come out and smooth the walls and get rid of the wall color. The tile is here to stay, but I never really minded it so much, it just became awful when the walls matched. Now I love it! Especially with the addition of our new (to the house) shower curtain. Let's take a look, shall we?

BEFORE


ALMOST...



AFTER




And this is with the addition of a new rug and shower curtain and the toilet back together (B was fixing it during the previous photos):





The bathroom is too small for me to be able to get it all in one picture so you get a ton of different angles to try to give you the full effect.

Now I just have to figure out what window coverings will work. We currently have a plain roller shade but it belonged to the previous owners and is mildewy. We don't want to put the roman shades in because there is no fan or ventilation and it gets very steamy in there when we shower. We need something mildew resistant and also energy saving while being attractive. Does such a thing exist?

Anyone?

8 important things being said:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I like it! It is a totally different bathroom without that crazy paint!!

Ruth said...

Looks great!

Bloggers Bro J to tha O to tha N said...

Bamboo maybe??

*~Dani~* said...

Thanks everyone! I like it much better now.

Bro - I will have to look into that as an option. Thanks!

fingers said...

Frosted glass.
Roller-blinds are an abominiation...

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - I agree. Those roller shades have got to go. I dont know that frosted glass would be the way, since we are trying to find something to protect the metal on the windows. I will have to take a close up pic to show you what I am talking about. But if all else fails, we may just have to frost it.

fingers said...

Protect the metal from what, you big Plonker ??
Steam ??
Aerosol Toilet Flush ??
Just paint the metal.
With paint.
It's new.
Comes in a can.
You paint it on.
It's where the name comes from...

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - you are incorrigible! Yes, protect the metal from rust you know. We can paint it but we dont want to have to continuous paint it.

Now, what is a plonker? That doesn't sound good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin