Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Would You Like a Shell With That?

Recently, realizing that I had quite a few taco kits in our pantry at home and thinking that B might like some tacos after having to put up with chicken the past couple of weeks, I sent him a text to see if he could pick up some fixings. A short while later I got a call from B:

B: What kind of text was that?
Me: What do you mean?
B: "If you pick up beef, shredded cheese and lettuce, we can have tacos tonight."
Me: Yes...
B: What else is left? The shells??
Me: Yes, and the spices, both of which we have in the pantry
B: So basically you want me to pick up everything necessary to make tacos except for the shells?
Me:....and the spices

[At that point, I could barely even contain my laughter as it was apparent how ridiculous my text really was. And I was laughing even harder inside knowing that I had thought about leaving off the lettuce so he wouldnt think he was buying everything.]

B: Okay. You know what?
Me: What?
B: If I pick up steak, we can have steak tonight.

6 important things being said:

fingers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fingers said...

You two are a modern day Lucille Ball/Desi Arnez...

Jennifer said...

Too funny. I will be scared to get a dinner invitation from you guys!!!!

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - yes, but who is Lucy and who is Desi is the real question. And where have you been hiding fingers? I miss your witty comments.

Jenny - I am sure if we had guests coming, we would have all the ingredients. Just dont come for tacos.

fingers said...

Sorry baby...some of you bloggers are just too prolific for me to keep up with.
You and Pearl are killing me...

wordverification: horspimp

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - prolific. Google Reader doesn't seem to think so. It is always mocking how few posts I make per week. And you are a pimp! To all - horses and humans alike.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin