Monday, March 09, 2009

Why Get Rid of a Good Thing?

Remember in this post when I told you that the desk that I was using then temporarily, and later permanently*, belonged to B when he was a child? Now I have photographic proof thanks to B's Dad:

Exhibit A - The desk at the new house in my office:



And the desk 25 years ago:

It's even the same chair!! Now how cute does B look modeling his reading skills? He informs me that his desk is super clean and organized in this picture because his Dad made him clean it right before he took this picture. Perhaps the picture is less about the book and more about the cleanliness? I will tell you, B still loves to read. Although these days he maintains a serious face while doing it.

And, no, we do not sleep in those bunk beds.

Not yet, at least.



*The latest news? I got a new desk so B gets his back. I believe he is secretly relieved. He loves that desk.


16 important things being said:

Katie said...

what a cool desk!!! and awesome lamp (it reminds me of the libraries in old movies)!

Jennifer said...

OMG, I love it. I cannot believe he remembers that my Dad made him clean that desk. And I cannot believe he still has it in such pristine condition. Mine is trashed. Did you mention that those bunk beds are still floating around somewhere too?

Ruth said...

Aww, he's so cute.

fingers said...

Adorable.
Now, how about a few pics of you in the bath with your rubber teething duck.
And before I get labelled a dirty old paedo...I meant recent pics...

*~Dani~* said...

fingers - yes you may be dirty and old but we wouldnt want people to think you are pedophile now would we?

*~Dani~* said...

Katie - his lamp is exactly like those from the libraries. I have one too in my office at work but it is white not green. Kind of loses the library effect.

Jenny - Those bunk beds I believe are floating at your parents' house.

Ruth - too cute. And all that hair!

Ronald said...

OK once again you are forcing me to post to protect my honor and establish a factual web site in accordance with the Geneva convention.

I did not suggest the desk should be clean and if the picture included the dresser you would have seen the traditional B pattern of clothing hanging out of the drawers. Yes, the bunko beds are alive and well.

And the nice lamp came with the set.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that lamp isn't in the attic above the garage.

You insisted that the desk be cleaned.

I probably didn't even want my picture taken.

*~Dani~* said...

Wow I never thought I would see the day that (1) Dad commented on my site or (2) the words "Geneva convention" were used in a comment. What a day.

I can attest to the fact that B probably didnt want his picture taken. He is still like that.

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe you got Ronald himself to post! That is a rare treat!

How do you remember the lamp came with the set???

*~Dani~* said...

Jenny - it IS a rare treat. I would have thought the lamp came with the wallpaper, but upon closer inspection, the base does look an awful lot like the desk and bunk beds.

Ronald said...

I will look for the lamp. I used all my negotiation skills and the store included the lamp at no extra cost.

I think if I post again I will need some kind of a cool picture like all you young people have.

*~Dani~* said...

Those are some negotiating skills you got there!

Jennifer said...

You should add a picture to your profile.

And if B didn't want his picture taken, he shouldn't have had that giant grin on his face and looked like he was SO proud of his desk.

Ronald said...

I think B may be Mr. Anonymous, but I am not sure.

*~Dani~* said...

Dad, you may be on to something...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin