Monday, October 26, 2009

A Deal is Made and No One is The Wiser

No one was around when the stranger quietly approached me with an earnest look on her face:

Girl: Do you have any extra?
Me: I may have a few. How many do you need? One, two...?

I was hoping it wasn't more than that. I was very protective of my stash.

Girl: Just one.
Girl: I can't get my hands on any.
Me: What value do you have there?
Girl: Seventeen.
Me: I have just what you need.
Girl: Are you sure?
Me: Trust me.

With a slight flick of my wrist, a transfer was made. I commented about how it seemed so shady. We were whispering after all. She laughed heartily and said "I won't tell, if you don't."

I then steered my cart toward the bakeware while I pondered how many 20% off coupons I would need for my purchase.





7 important things being said:

Debi said...

Damn it girl, I leave and go to the bathroom for a few minutes and your out there dealing.......
What a great daughter I raised :-)

Brandy said...

LOL! I understand better than anyone that coupons are serious business.

Kacie said...

Wait a sec -- you can use more than one 20% off coupon per purchase? I always thought you could only use one coupon per transaction! Good to know!

Jennifer said...

I am cracking up.

Kacie you can use as many coupons as you have items for! The cashiers are happy to take them.

j'lynn said...

LMAO....

Living Dees Life said...

i was thinking tampons. or pads.

*~Dani~* said...

Debi - I know! You miss all of the exciting stuff.

Brandy - Super serious :)

Kacie - YES! It is one 20% coupon off per ITEM. I asked and they said no limit. I almost fainted. The cashier took my $5 off the entire purchase which I think was supposed to come off an item, but whatever.

Jennifer - it was hilarious. And I see you answered Kacie's question. Maybe I should have read your comment first.

jlynn - I am such a mystery

Blaez - nope, just household goods. Perhaps you were thinking about my other post...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin