Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rainbow Living in our Dining Room

Some of you may recall that a while back we gave everyone a chance to vote on the color of our dining room. Some of you were quite excited that your pick was chosen. Those some of you are going to be disappointed.

The color we chose, as seen here, just did not look right in the room. It was too dark. Too red. Too orange. Not right.

So we tried a new color.

And another.

And another.

Until we finally found one we liked.

We* still haven't painted though.


Below is the original color we picked and then some heinous orange color I thought might work:



And this is where we ended up - the original color, two orange colors, a purple color, and then the winner. You can see the winner has an arrow next to it thanks to B:


I would call it a more caramel orange color, if such thing existed. Meanwhile, B saw an ad for a mirror and decided to see how it would look on our dining room wall:


Verdict: too small.

Then B decided to take some artistic license and decorate further:



See, Jenny, Lucas is not the only left-handed artist in the family.




*Although everyone knows by now, I must insert this disclaimer - when I say "we" in a sentence with painting, "we" is actually just B. Except for the time I painted the little toilet room in the basement. No, it is not a bathroom. There is no bath. There is no sink. It is just a toilet. There are also three litter boxes. Toilet room indeed.

8 important things being said:

Brandy said...

No sink? Hmm. I can't say I've ever seen a toilet room.

I can't wait to see the whole room painted.

J said...

Hmm I like the color you decided to go with. Interested to see the final result!

Living Dees Life said...

chuckle! i love you guys :)

Andhari said...

Haha! I personally like the smiley face on the wall. I'm tempted to draw too actually, a vw beetle car beside it or I don't know, a duck? I draw the randomest things.

Liking the caramel color, btw, bright!

Jennifer said...

I for one think the mirror looks great! LOL. I cannot wait to see the final result. I would like to see a picture of all the mini paint cans you two bought for this project!

Anonymous said...

Personally I think you should keep the smiley face! :)

*~Dani~* said...

Brandy - neither had we. So strange.

J - I can't wait to see too. However, I forgot to say the color was one that B actually picked from the start. I hate when he's right!

Blaez - we love you too. Well, at least I do. B doesn't know you.

Andhari - We should have kept the smiley face! A beetle car would have rocked next to it. We could have had a fun time with the wall.

Jenny - i will have to take a picture of them for you. Two tiny ones and a bigger one. Oh, and the 2 GALLONS of the original winning color that we bought and that I think B is now trying to sell.

walkingonsunshine - it would sure brighten our mornings, wouldn't it?

*~Dani~* said...

Jessica - you must be new here. And blind. Did you even look at the pictures accompanying this post? WE HAVE DINING ROOM FURNITURE. Thanks for playing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin