Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween Came a Little Early

As we did last year, this past weekend we went on our family trip for an old time Halloween trick or treat walk. Unlike last year, B did not trip me on the bridge. I consider that a success. This year, our nephew L dressed like a dragon. A SCARY dragon:


Yes, he basically spent the entire trip staring in awe from the wagon while eating an apple. I think he was just trying to take it all in.



And in typical B fashion, he tried to snap millions of candids of me. I decided to return the favor. We have a lot of photos like this:

and this:

My favorite part of the walk however was the scarecrows. We knew from last year that there were three scarecrows and one of them was a real person that would scare whomever took a picture by it. This one was fake:


This one was real:


That is my brother-in-law and B's cousin's boy running from the scarecrow. My BIL convinced poor G to have his picture taken knowing that scarecrow was real. If you want to see the before picture, head over to my SIL Jenny's blog.* Speaking of Jenny, here is a great family shot by a huge thing of carved pumpkins:


Look how cool and spooky they are without a flash:


It was a really fun time especially since B's cousin was there and her kids all dressed up. Alas, we didn't play any cruel jokes on the people around us by claiming that our baby was missing upon exiting the bridge. However, the bridge was extra spooky his year because it had crazy lighting in there. That may be why B didn't trip me; he was distracted.


Happy Almost Halloween!




*You can also see more pictures of L and his skeleton pjs!

6 important things being said:

Andy - Instafather said...

I had the same dragon costume when I was a kid. My brother and I were dragons, my sister was a damsel in distress. Epic.

Brandy said...

The pumpkin pyramid is AWESOME!

Living Dees Life said...

that is so awesome!!

Jennifer said...

That is a great picture of Bryan and Gavin! I am cracking up!

J said...

I love Halloween. Trying to go to a haunted house really really soon!

*~Dani~* said...

Andy - would love to see a picture of that. Your mom was uber creative with the damsel in distress costume. Truly epic.

Brandy - it rocked! I wish the camera would have captured it better.

Jennifer - that picture gets me every time. We need Lori's picture to complete the sequence.

J - I haven't been to a haunted house in AGES. That would be fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin