Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Has Finally Come and the Colors Are Gorgeous!

Last year we did not have much in the way of fall. It was summer one day and 12 hours later winter had blown in and had taken all of the leaves from the trees with it. This year is different though. With the up and down temperatures, we actually have some color. Friday as I was driving home, I realized how much had changed over night and snapped a few photos.

I love the little red bush in the corner of their front yard:

The view from our porch:

And the other side:

Down our street:

The corner of our house and the trees behind us:

The tree in front of our house and our neighbor's trees:

Down the other side of the street:

Same view, my camera just colored it differently:

And a wider view:

Again, the camera colored it differently. This one is my favorite as it feels like fall:


Upstairs view of the backyard and trees behind us:

And the other side and the trees you caught a glimpse of when looking at the corner of our house:

Do you have any fall colors where you are? I cannot get enough of this!



10 important things being said:

j'lynn said...

If you want to see some really good color you guys should take a trip up-north, I bet it is beautiful. Last year driving up to see my guy I was amazed at how beautiful the colors were driving up...

mandatorybloghere said...

oh these are gorgous
i love fall and all the colors

Patricia @ Bloom Where You're Planted said...

I love fall colors too! We were going to go for a drive this weekend, but was super busy we couldn't get away. It might be a bit too late next weekend, they might all be gone :(

Anonymous said...

That red bush across the street is a Japanese Maple. It is red all year.

Andhari said...

Oh wow the colors are gorgeous. I would like to stay at a place like that please..is there any house rented in your neighborhood? Lol..to wake up and see those, priceless..

Anyhoo, rainy season in Jakarta doesn't really produce those amazing colors but in a neighboring mountain town, it's pretty similar to that :) cool weather and pretty trees..

Brandy said...

Yes! It was peak day on Saturday and we had the most beautiful colors everywhere. Yesterday when the sun was setting, I thought I needed to snap a few photos, but I was in the middle of dinner so I let it go.

Your pics are gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

So pretty. I love your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pumpkins!!! :)

Living Dees Life said...

i loooooooooooove fall! its my favorite time of year :)

your neighborhood looks amazing!

*~Dani~* said...

jlynn - I know. I won't get a chance to go up north this fall, but it is so gorgeous. Even just driving west is always beautiful.

mandatorybloghere - I love fall and the colors too!

Patricia - I hope you got the chance to go on your drive and see the fall colors!!

Anonymous - yep. Except for now when there are no leaves on it.

Andhari - there are houses to rent in our neighborhood although someone just rented the one on our block. Typically our rain only produces more rain, but this year it helped make these colors pop out!

Brandy - I hate when life interferes with picture taking!

Jennifer - me too. One day your area will have a bunch of trees!

walkingonsunshine - thanks! B is glad to hear that and promises next year he will grow them even bigger.

Blaez - it is my favorite time visually as well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin