Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't Even Try it Woman, This is MY Territory

On Sunday, B and I decided to hit a few open houses in our neighborhood to see what is for sale, how much they are asking and to satisfy our general need to snoop in other people's homes. After seeing way too much wallpaper and a gorgeous house on our street but out of our price range, we decided to wrap it up with one final house that B had been to before with the "sexy" kitchen (as one realtor described it).

A "sexy" kitchen, apparently, is one that is newly remodeled while still keeping the charm of the old house. And you can cook up a storm in there. I will admit, even I gasped upon seeing it.

After leaving that area, B called down to me from the staircase to "come check out the third floor." As I was turning the staircase to head up, I hear this small voice say to me very angrily:

HEY! WE ARE CHECKING THIS OUT.

I look down to see a small boy about 6 right up in my face, pointing a finger at me. He looked extremely pissed off that anyone would dare check out this house while he and his family are checking it out. Territorial, much? It must be a joy to play at his house "HEY! *I* am playing with THAT toy." Of course, since I am not a 6 year old kid, I found the exchange amusing:

Me: Wait. YOU are checking out this house?
Boy: YES!!
Me: Do YOU want to live in this house?
Boy: YES!!
Me: Well, you can have it then as I already have a house of my own.
Boy: {grumbles}
Me: Is that okay? Are we good?
Boy: Yes.

And then he stalked away toward the kitchen. When I reached the top of the staircase, B declared "that is one defensive child!"

He must like the sexy kitchen.




7 important things being said:

Debi said...

ROFL ,that is too funny !
I guess the lesson is "Don't mess with a 6 year old that is staking his claim".

Gee if his parents do buy the house, will he allow you and B. to walk Jersey (or even the two of you)in HIS neighborhood...........

He sounds like a Marine in the making...

j'lynn said...

LMAO!! Kids...aren't they lovely?!? ha-ha-ha

So where are the pics of this sexy kitchen? Don't tell me you went snooping without your camera!

Debbie said...

Wow, that amazes me when children can be so bold with adults they don't even know. Manners much?

The "sexy" kitchen is intriguing me!

Jamie said...

Where are the pictures of the sexy kitchen?! If you didn't take any, is there another open house so you could go back? This is going to haunt me. Very impressed at your smooth handling of the kid- I'm not fond of children so I probably would have laughed nervously and walked away.

Sassy said...

I love it. How classic. Kids always say the best things. You can't make that up!

Jennifer said...

OMG, that is hysterical. I so want to see a picture of this sexy kitchen. Maybe you could get one in your house??

*~Dani~* said...

Debi - definitely a Marine in the making! Good call on that one.

jlynn - kids are too damn funny! I totally went snooping without my camera. I swear I need one that I can wear around my neck so I don't forget it.

Debbie - I think his need to live there outweighed his manners. At least I hope it was a special occasion for such boldness.

Jamie - this house hasnt sold yet (to my knowledge even though it is now months later) so I will see what I can do. Also, I did almost just walk away but the urge to engage was just too strong.

Sassy - you are right. You cannot make this up at all!

Jenny - hell, if I could get a normal sized kitchen with a normal sized dishwasher and more than one drawer in my house, I would be ecstatic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin