Tuesday, February 02, 2010

There's Beauty Everywhere, But Not Everyone Gets an Award for it, Do They?

Remember when B decided to go all out and put up Christmas lights on the house? Remember when I wasn't very keen about the icicle lights because they are LED and kind of bluish/bright? Remember when I "warmed" up to them?* Well, this is the post where I admit that B was right and I was wrong.

And B says "I TOLD YOU SO. I AM ALWAYS RIGHT. WHY DO YOU DOUBT ME?"

Then I tell him to stop shouting or I will take back everything I just said.

So he waves a flag in my face. Not a real flag. A piece of paper that PROVES HE IS RIGHT.

Yes, we came home to an envelope addressed to "The Greatest Christmas Light Designer and Hanger Ever" in our mailbox. Actually it was addressed to "Award Winner," but that was pretty close.

And, actually, I came home to an open envelope. B opened it, saw it, gloated and then silently left it for me to discover on my own. When I did, I smiled.

I am so proud.

B is a genius.

B is an award winner.

And to all of those neighbors that couldn't be bothered to stop and "ahhh" and "ooohhh" at our house like the other houses around us?

WE WON AN AWARD!

Did you?**

Until next year, bitches.



*Like what I did there? "Warmed up" to the icicle lights? Genius, right there. Genius.

**For all I know, everyone got one of these awards. I choose to believe they did not.

4 important things being said:

j'lynn said...

Congratulations!!! :D

Way to go B!! Now you definitely have to do it up better next year to win again!

Woo-hoo!!!

Andhari said...

Congratulations! Make sure you win next year too! :D

Jennifer said...

Congrats!!! That is awesome. I wonder if they do give it to everyone? It seems like that would be a lot of postage, so I think you guys really did a good job!

*~Dani~* said...

jlynn - Now the pressure is on. I am sure that B will pull through.

Andhari - we better win next year or I am going to pull down everyone else's decorations ;)

Jennifer - I dont think they give it to everyone, because that would be a lot of printing and signing too. Also? I would like to think we are special.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin